12 Mat Chats For Belt Test [October 2019]
Lesson 105 Module 14
He Who Angers You, Conquers You
- Some people want to see you angry. If they see you angry or upset, they got what they want.
Be Part of the Solution
- Ask yourself "am I part of the problem?"
- Ask yourself "what can I do to fix it?"
It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It
- Your tone of voice and body language will show how you really feel.
What Is Respect?
- Respect for your parents - Obey cheerfully
- Respect for your teachers - "I will do my best"
- Respect for your peers - Treat others as you would like to be treated
3 Rules of Concentration
- Focus my mind
- Focus my
- Focus my body
I Just Wipe It Off
- Don't let what people say upset you. Just let it go and wipe it off.
Fake It Til You Make It
- Pretend like you already know something. If you feel a certain way, you will act that certain way.
What Is Punctuality?
- To try your best to be on time. Being considerate of other people's time.
Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Learn
- It's okay if you lose. You can learn a lot from not winning.
5 School Rules
- Hitting people with your card
- Not wearing your complete uniform
- not being in self practice room when class starts
- Leaving your stuff overnight
- Chewing gum
- Saying "it's not my fault"
- Being impatient
- Shoes not on the rack
- Stepping off of the mat without shoes
- Having a conversation at the wrong time
- Not keeping your hands to yourself
- Being loud/yelling
- Hitting hard after being told not to
- Who's to blame?
- Bags left messy
- What about them?
- Ruining an apology with an excuse
- Mouth guard
- Athletic cup
- Head gear
- Athletic cup
- Shin guards
- Padded Weapons
- Head Gear
- Athletic Cup
- Padded Weapon
- What are 5 beliefs we have about belt testing?
- You shouldn't need to be told to belt test.
- The purpose of belt testing is to motivate you.
- Students who belt test are being good examples to their peers. Students who do not belt test are not being good examples.
- Students who are promoted will start to live up to the standards.
- If you are approved for belt testing and you refuse because you don't want to test, you show very little faith in your instructor.
- You get out of it what you put into it.
- What is your homework?
- What are you working on?
- Can you skip a belt?
- Where do you find the student section of the website?
- What equipment is required?
- Where is the lost and found?
- Can you bring a friend to class?
- What do you do when you can't find your card?
- What do you do when your cards is in "Please See Renee"?
- What do you do when you miss a whole week of class?
- What's the first thing you do when you come to class?
- What's the second thing you do when you come to class?
- What happens if you don't wear your complete uniform?
- How do you know if you are belt testing?
- What is the belt test fee and form due?
- Are the drinks in the refrigerator free?
- Do you need your own equipment for class?
- Do you need to sign up for an event? How?
- Where do you place your footwear?
- Should you be practicing at home?