What are a manager's most important words?
It's tempting to think that more is always better. But when it comes to words, often less is more. At the dedication of a cemetery in 1863, keynote speaker Edward Everett talked for two hours and his oration was praised on the front paegs of the nation's newspapers.
But history remembers the heartfelt two-minute speech that followed: Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. When speaking with your employees, remember the power of brevity in...
- The five most important words: You did a great job!
- The four most important words: What do you think?
- The three most important words: I was wrong.
- The two most important words: Thank you.
- The one most important word: We.